Sunday, April 10, 2011

No matter how heavy the burden (#800)

We do not get to choose the circumstances of our trials and struggles. Whatever form they reveal themselves in is the circumstance we must endure to stand our ground. Metaphorically, I do not go out looking to slay any dragons any more, but when the dragons come to my door, I damn sure rise up to the challenge. there is no principled act in my repertoire that is not worthy of my attention. This is how I am becoming the man I wish to be. I do not turn my back on a challenge despite it's importance. I face it because of it's importance. Every step in my life's journey has a purpose and none is insignificant. It is my sentinel purpose to remain vigilant and prepared for whatever moment my present and future reveal. I have no time for lackluster performances in my life. No time for selfish temptations that would deter me from my principled drive to be a better man. I only have time to carry my load with honor and dignity. I accept that as the gift it represents. My life and those honest souls around me will reflect the truth of my ever-in-progress nature to be better. An ethic of some sort must become attached to each of us in order for our world to improve. I know this and I am doing all I can to do my part. It means I must carry my burden no matter how easy or how difficult it may become. That part is not up to me. What is up to me is to be as prepared as I can be for whatever circumstance may present itself. There has never been a true and lasting blueprint for our individual lives. There are general ones and they can be found when searching for principles to live by. These principles can be found in every culture and community. It just takes an honest open guidance to find them. Once found the principles we find should never be let go despite any burden, that life or circumstances may thrust upon us.

No comments: