Thursday, May 12, 2011

On the subject of fun (#832)

Quickly, about the title. If it looks familiar "On the subject of...", it is because I am a big John Stuart Mill fan and he started his treatises out that way. See, I am having fun. lol. The playful jester in me needs to be unleashed from his dungeon and loosed on the world occasionally. Why, you may ask? Simply because there is so much to be serious about that the seriousness would consume me and detract from the reasons I fight to make our world better for all. A major point of being serious is to make time for having fun. It would be very easy for me to sit back and not engage in life where fun can be found. I know this about myself. I would rather read a book nowadays then to get out in some activity that allowed for spontaneous interchanges that create an atmosphere of fun. However, I do not allow myself to go that route. Experience has taught me that when I do have fun, there is nothing like it, not even reading a book. lol. Another very strong side effect of getting involved in fun activities with others is that I get a chance to reinforce within myself how similar we all are. I will never discount what the effect of having fun does on my overall outlook and my motivation to re-energize. Fun is an important component of a life of quality. A well rounded life that has wide ranging emotional experiences. Fun puts a smile on my face where otherwise the stone face lives. lol. I am so very grateful for the opportunities I get that allow me to share real fun because I know of living life differently with just the illusions of fun. Having fun is one of the common threads we can all participate in for the entirety of our lives. Loosing that inner jester for the sake of shared smiles is priceless when the cost is just so minimal.

No comments: