Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The two sides of Carl (#830)

I am sooooo human! I come to this blog page and try to write something positive about our natures and how they should appear to each of us. I then go to some political page and get on a topic and rant and rave, cussing included, about the illogical happenings surrounding the topic of the day. I am an enigma to myself and a hypocrite to others. Such is my life. My passion comes oozing out of me most of the time in the form of understanding and patience. But some of the time I can be bellicose and emotionally stunted. I have lots of work to do on me. It is difficult as well to stay upbeat about what I know to be the best path for me, such as caring about others and myself. I get caught up in the chaos surrounding the details of how our society should work and at times lose my focus on what I should be thinking as to my actions. It is a detrimental flaw in my personal progress and I do know it. It is as if a duality of myself is struggling to co-exist. I know that I must be of a single purpose and I must continue to ameliorate the anger that assuredly follows my passion about illogical policies. (based on my opinion of course) Somehow in my past I inculcated a "righteous anger" as a positive tool. This is fallacious of me and in no way should I allow any type of anger to facilitate responses from me. I may be disgusted or disappointed but not angry. It does seem rational to get angry at bullies but even that is not correct. I must just be calm and strong in the face of such events and allow my better instincts to create the responses that are appropriate. It is a lot like the old saying for me "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.-Corinthians 13:11. It is no different for me and I am still working on doing things the right way instead of my way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carl I must admit I do not follow your blog religiously but when I do take the time to read it I am NEVER disappointed. You make ALL of us think. THANK YOU. Love you!!!Rita Rae

Man of Hope said...

Love you too Rita, Bob also. Thank you for the kind words.