Monday, May 9, 2011

What does spirituality mean to me? (#829)

I have been asked, even in a sarcastic way, what I mean by describing myself as spiritual. It is evidence of my spirituality that I did not tear into the sarcastic one for his condescension. lol. Spirituality for me is connectedness. The elements and molecules that make up my entity are found in this existence in many other forms. I am a different shape and form of what our existence supplies. There is also a logical and rational concept about how I view our existence that makes me feel included with it, an acceptance that this is mine and our Universe to live within. So not only on a physical plane am I connected but on a mental plane as well. I am not different than any other organism in a petri dish, moving about as a way of showing others I am alive. I may be insignificant in the big picture but that is still connected and a part of reality. I do not subscribe to a religious point of view, although I do not discount those who do. It is tough not knowing, but tough or not my objectivity will not allow me to draw a conclusion based upon insufficient knowledge. How spirituality manifests itself within me is through meditation and prayer in the form of quiet conversation with the unknown. I am happy with this in that it truly reflects the overall existence of everything to me in one form. I do not have an icon of diety, instead I have a blank image of the unknown. This must satisfy me in that I can not change or bend the laws of time or space to suit my enormous curiosity. I am settled into the knowledge that I have limited time here in existence and cannot know the full depth and breadth of all that has happened or will happen. Believe this about me, that was a disappointing realization for me. However, the boundaries I do have are sufficient for me to enjoy this life within the context of the time span I live within and the knowledge I will never know. Somehow that in itself is spiritual.

No comments: