Monday, June 27, 2011

Comfortable versus uncomfortable (#878)

I began this blog with the idea that our natures are of a good intent and only in their denial can other less-than good intent natures exist. Obviously, I do not suggest that the world is a perfect place where all of us are happy with what we are doing. There is real struggle in our time and the ones, whom we are struggling against, are of our own species, not some other entity. So looking for a solution to end the struggle is one of the goals of this blog. By highlighting our "true" natures, I can bring awareness to those who are caught up in the cycle of perpetuating less-than natures as a means for survival. Knowing is the key to change and change we must. We hurt only ourselves by acting out in greed, hate and other less-than natures. This mindset that exposes us to the concepts of differences being greater than similarities has got to stop! It is as if we cannot even get on the playing field of life when we are still challenging each others right to exist. Our forms and shapes are mostly similar and our color of skin is only by shadings, yet our togetherness is too often at a level of mistrust and exclusion. I have titled this post as comfortable versus uncomfortable, and the reason being is that for me life needs to be uncomfortable so that I can remain aware of the ever changing and ever diverse reality we are living in. Certainly, I have some areas in my life that are comfortable and I do seek them out, but only as a place to rest for awhile to recharge and get back into the chaotic flow of life. I do not see myself as living in a scenario where my life is dictated by preconceived thoughts. I am best when I am challenged by the events in life and that allows for me to live in my "true" nature of compassion for all and curiosity for everything.

No comments: