Sunday, June 19, 2011

Debate is not a dirty word (#870)

This is the one method of discussion I most enjoy. Gathering up facts and opinions for discussing topics of controversy. It is how I best learn and form new concepts. I enjoy this methodology. Is there a better way to express viewpoints than with facts and visions? None that I know. I would think that local and national debates would be fun and educational at the same time. Why we don't televise such events so that others may watch and learn is curious. Certainly I am not the first one to think of doing this? It seems to me that having conversations about our current and future visions of our country and world would be of a greater benefit to us than some reality show on television that distorts or confuses us instead. I do not control such things and if I did I would have many debate forums on television designed to capture the interest of our electorate when being objectively informed through debate is so very crucial to our destinies. Maybe it is just me but a democracy that suffers from an information deficit disorder, is doomed to continue over time. We need to be entertained but not at the expense of being logically informed. Their are many motives out there that would like to keep us in the dark as to current situations and they mostly have to do with individual greed. Not surprisingly, this is an epidemic that is maintained to mold and forward policies that when studied objectively show the flaws of their making. When decisions that effect our present and future are being made without a healthy debate for their reasonings we are not practicing democracy we are doing less than that. I shall always be an advocate of the mindset of, when we are objectively informed about policies and processes for them we will always come to the correct analysis in the end. We need to have the debates and then make the decisions. It is our right and duty to do it in that order.

No comments: