Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I refuse to submit to mediocrity (#865)

The line in the sand has been drawn. I will not cross it nor will I allow it to be crossed without me putting everything I have into stopping it. This is what standing up for principles is like. There is a decision made and a decision kept. It is one thing to spout off virtue it is another thing to put your self up as a defense for it. The value of life is measured by our thoughts and actions in combination. We all have crazy and inappropriate thoughts from time to time because we let ourselves be subjected to irrational concepts. Nothing new here but it is what we do with those thoughts when they come into our consciousness. Do we dispose of them and move onto other thoughts or do we languish in them daydreaming their possibilities? Again, line in the sand. The determination to be disciplined in thought and then combined into action is my goal. I know that, in the elevating of my being to greater principles of living, is where I find the magic of fulfillment. As a child who must start at the beginning of life and learning, I am also reduced to the same formula as I move through life. Each day I build upon what I have learned and experienced to better understand what the perception of reality can be. Yes, reality is a fluid concept, ever changing as time moves and motion exists. I can foresee reality as a vision better than tell you what the nature of reality is in real time. it is not for me to define or describe what your experiences and thoughts are but I can describe how I question myself. Do my thoughts and actions rise up to a level worthy of remembering? Can I justify my actions with principles that do our species proud? Have I advanced society on any meaningful level? During those moments when I am the best I am able to be is when I feel the greatest strength of what it is to be truly human.

No comments: