Saturday, July 9, 2011

Patience is trying; impatience is worse (#890)

The struggle within me. I know that discretion is the better part of valor, but sometimes I want to just jump out of my skin! However, it is during these rare moments that I have found the patience to be still instead. That old saying of "it is better to be happy than right" has begun to come a philosophy for me. I do not rest there but in the moment discretion does make sense. Today's post will have many cliches I see. lol. "What comes around goes around" is my new sense of reality. I can calm myself with this knowledge. Pragmatically though, I know that some will always get away without feeling the just desserts for their actions but for the most part the whirligig of life brings in it's revenges. I am on a roll! Anyway, I have the faith of a mustard seed in that even though I cannot see the reciprocity of every action, I know that every action will have an equal and inverse reaction as a result. I am confident that this is true. I use my own experiences as empirical evidence. I never get away with anything without some due come calling on me in some form or another. Back to patience though, it is welcoming to me that I have a calmness even a serenity of pause that allows me to not react out of instinct with abandon of a sense of deserving something. Instead I can collect my emotion and stabilize it before I do something regretful. I believe this can be a learned experience and that time is irrelevant as a necessity. In other words I don't have to be old or wise to have figured this out. It is a self-control that can be applied at any age. I wish I had figured this out when I was younger but then again, It was rare that I would listen to anyone when I was young, because I was so full of my own self. Today I choose to be happy instead of right all the time, well most of the time anyway! :)

No comments: