Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Time takes care of itself (#901)

Here I am sitting at 55 years old closing in on 56 and in my mind I am still the child I was back when I was 5 going on 6. Of course I know more and have done things but is essence for me it has happened in the blink of an eye. I have no gauge on time. It is as if time is non-existent. I know that my life has been lived throughout all of the seconds I have been alive but the sense that I feel time, is not there. I only feel the effects of living here in this existence as measured through time. What that concept leaves me with is how I want the destiny or fate of my life to reflect back to anyone who may be watching. As I go about my daily rituals and curiosities, I am understanding that time will take care of itself and I don't need to focus on it as a factor. My life will be what I make of it and throughout all of the thoughts and actions I get to experience, time will register itself. It has been important for me to also recognize that my life has an end. It will not go on forever in this dimension. That knowledge and acceptance has freed me to just enjoy the very moments I exist. The calmness or peace I feel is rather quiet with a hint of dullness. lol. However, within that calmness I am able to focus on my thoughts and actions in order to project out from myself the principles for living that I have endeared to myself. My life will last as long as it does and that I am not fretting over it or running around full of anxiety over it, is refreshing. I have said this many times in these blog posts about how life is not only special but a gift. I am on the merry-go-round and it is my choice to enjoy the ride. What else I am doing though is expressing myself in a manner that befits my nature. Regardless of time, I have found a peace that relegates time to an irrelevancy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this post. So relevent to me.