Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Everything matters (#921)

Nothing is insignificant. Everything we do has an impact on someone or something, somewhere. That is the way it should be. I know that a lot of things we do, thoughts and actions just happen sub-consciously and as impulse reaction to some unforeseen stimuli. However we can train ourselves through recognition to be selective in how we respond to most anything. It just takes patience and awareness. I know that some will find that not everything matters therefore not everything needs to be thought about. I used to be in that mindset until something I thought didn't matter came back to prove me wrong. I have since revised my understanding of what life really is. I have gained a perspective that enlightened me to the fact that life is finite, it has an end and everything I do within it measures the totality of who I am and eventually who I was. It is understandable that as we get older we start to feel the frailty of time and how much we have left in it. We gain the insight that a purpose for us cannot just be chaos and chance. I have come to respect the ability I have to still be in existence when so many of my fellow humans are no longer here with me. An ultimate respect for life will eventually find it's way into all of our minds regardless of how disdainful we are of others and their lives. It is like rising above ourselves and seeing for the first time the connectivity we share and how that should interact. A perspective beyond where we have previously been. How everything we do has an impact on everything that is done afterward. We have tremendous power over how our lives can affect others. It will always be amazing to me how lucky I am to be born into this existence. The chances I get to express myself and the wonders I have been able to comprehend, allow me to put all of that into everything I do.

No comments: