Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The growth of my imagination (#915)

I look out at reality and see what is happening around me and what is happening in the far reaches of the world. I am not convinced that everything is fine and nothing new could help with our societies. It is my duty to myself to experience everything I am honorably capable of without causing harm to myself or others. One of the areas I am able to expand and effect new insights is in my imagination. How can I imagine new ideas and ways of living that make some kind of principled sense? I have found that not restricting myself to boundaries is a good place to start. I do not bind myself to some accepted convention like it is holy writ. I have learned while being alive that there are no real mental giants who know it all and have laid out a path to living that is all inclusive. We as humans just muddle along in our lives in order to maintain or creep ahead in our limited economic and social goals. Fine, existence within a system is worthy of attention and maintenance, however remaining in a status-quo living experience substitutes as subsisting but not as experiencing the greater possibilities of changing our realities. The only way I know how to change our realities is to imagine a better and/or best vision for our futures. Pragmatically, imagination is only that but when it is given the duty to incorporate into previously hard-held concepts with new ideals of improvement, only then can paradigms begin to expand and offer hope for a future that can be objectively an improvement over the one we presently have. I love having an imagination to help guide me into new and better modes for my learning and wonderment. I am only one person but I am the only one person I have. It is my right and duty to improve this existence any way I can and having my imagination at the ready makes me confident that I can do so.

No comments: