Saturday, August 6, 2011

Intelligence is strength (#918)

We all start out in this existence with little to no confidence in who we are or what we know. It is through time and learning that we do finally begin to understand what this reality is all about. When I was a very young boy I let my curiosity run rampant in that I was hungry to learn. I remember feeling so weak and insignificant as an entity and that the only way I was going to move from that weakness was to fill my mind with knowledge and to become more physical with my bodily strength. I protect my body by being in shape and learning how to defend myself, as well as I protect my mind with information and reasoning in order to guide my thoughts. The one true test of strength is in how one sees the world. Today, I do not stand in anyone's shadow or acquiesce my positions on policy to anyone without me understanding what is being said and how it actually affects all of us. There is real power in being enlightened. It has an exhilarating aspect to it that somehow fires up my internal will to be a force of nature in my own right. Intelligence I learned through being taught in school and in the everyday occurrence of personal interactions. I have found and practice the notion that all of me, my mind and body, needs to be engaged in every single day of my living. Although my body is on the down swing in life as to it's earlier strengths, my mind is still on the upswing of it's growth of confidence. I do not just go through life knowing mostly what I need to survive. I go through life learning all I can to improve and pronounce a better way for all of us to think about. I cannot tell anyone how they should live their lives but I can tell them what I think about how life can be lived more fully and with much more honor and justice. As I continue to learn myself.

No comments: