Friday, August 12, 2011

My motivation to write this blog everyday (#924)

I am once again reminded in a very real way why I write my thoughts about our natures and how that effects how we see the world. The fragility of life is the reason. None of us has a guarantee to anything beyond this very moment. I feel a compulsion to make known my insights and conceived revelations on any number of topics because I do not want to leave anything behind I might regret. My experiences are just that, mine. Yet my life can be an example to maybe one other human and that makes all of this effort on my part worth doing. I need to contribute to the bank of knowledge and expression what little I have so that I know I have fulfilled my compulsion to build a better world in as many ways as I can. I am a do-gooder, plain and simple. I understand this about myself so when conversations turn toward ideas and processes that do not exhibit fairness and justice, I already know which side I am going to take. It is a comfort to me that I know myself enough to be confident in my thoughts and actions. I fought and defeated the previous impulses within me that favored selfishness and greed. My ego has been placed in a box that is now stuffed away in the back of my mind. I now see the world through the eyes of a child who has respect and humility for all the good around me. I now get to battle the ideas of exclusion with a determination that has no resistance within me. I am free to express my will with a motivation that has at it's core a desire to be of good service to my fellow travelers here in existence. Happiness can be achieved on many levels and in many ways, but true happiness comes from deep within and in trying to make our world better for all of us and our future generations. Occasionally, I get some of that true happiness in my life.

No comments: