Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The big picture (#950)

No matter what and how we surround ourselves with, the reality of what our world is does not change. Many of us have given into the illusion of denial. For example, if we don't think about or recognize what the truth is we can then justify our own version of reality as fact. This is done for many reasons, not least of which is to mask the fear we feel about what reality truthfully is. It is scary when looked at from a position of having no control over events or other people. Each of us must at some time in our lives just step up and display some courage, individually, about who we are. I am me and that is all I will ever be. I have no illusion that I will be less or more than that. Given that, I work my butt off trying to be the best me possible. That is the one true thing I do control, being what I reflect back out to others. Being the best me I can be also includes me recognizing and admitting what reality is. Now some say that reality is many different things to many different people, that is not what I am referencing. I am talking about seeing the world as it's animate and inanimate self. The dirt, sky, water, stars are all absolutes we all see. We all see many similar real things, these are of which I am referring. The state of our society can vary in perception but the truth of it's effectiveness is not. Which leads me back to how some of us choose not to be part of a grand solution in favor of ignoring reality through some selfish motive. I know how easy it is to protect oneself to the exclusion of others, I am human and have fallen for the illusion of me being special. Thankfully, I was reminded many times that when I do think that I am greater than others I am shown just how miserable I truly am. I have found my way to being just one of us and as such feel the need to keep the big picture in mind and put my energies into making a better world for all of us.

No comments: