Friday, September 9, 2011

Inversely proportional (#952)

This blog has been founded on the ideal that we humans have three distinct inherent traits, curiosity, compassion and a survival instinct. When curiosity is blunted and compassion is devalued, we are left with only our instinct to survive and any and all lesser human actions that appear when we are denied curiosity and compassion. Like the title of this particular posting highlights, inversely proportional. When something is not allowed to be displayed then something of an inverse proportion will fill the vacuum. Where the underpinnings of a society that has benevolence and nurturing as it's outcome has been stifled and discouraged a more chaotic society will emerge. Think of it this way, when the good has been replaced, the replacement is rarely neutral but instead almost always bad. To think otherwise is to defy the logic of reason. So clearly we must adhere to what we are best at so that we don't become what we are worst at. It is an over simplified statement but mostly true. We have got to strengthen the areas of our best natures so that we don't lose sight of the benefit we bring to the Universe. Yes, humankind is and can be a benefit to all of that which is about us. I have for the longest time felt that everything we do, thoughts and actions, are being recorded in a historical way for the Universe to examine. In many ways this ideal I have about the Universe being my sovereign is my way of defining what a God is to me. I have within me what is best about humanity and what is not. I have no illusions concerning the impact of my decisions and choices. I can choose to live through my naturalness of curiosity and compassion or I can allow the inverse of those fine traits morph into an equally unattractive proportional reflection.

No comments: