Saturday, September 10, 2011

Principles before disgrace (#953)

Here is that fear thing again. In reading the history books about how Germany allowed itself to be taken over and ruled by a fascist, I often wondered why the people could not see what they were doing and stop it. I am being given a similar look now, although it has not gotten to the same point it is going in the same direction. We here in America are being incrementally herded toward a political process that instills prejudice and selfishness as it's foundation. We are given fewer choices to get ahead and are even being systematically programmed to fight over dwindling resources. There are powers out there that are pitting our worst natures against ourselves. In other words we are being manipulated while unknowingly consenting to it being done. Our principles of good and right living are being compromised because we feel that no one will protect us if we don't compromise our principles. This is how the German people must have felt in their time of cowardly behavior. When the history books are written about this time I know I want my destiny to reflect that selfishness and greed were my enemies not my consolation. My life matters to me and my principles are who I am, therefore my principles must never be compromised. I have a wish and a hope for a better world for all of us and if that is not being allowed to happen then I will fight against that reality. Death comes to us all and I will not be one of those who lives to an old age with the regret and remorse of living as a coward. I will not sacrifice my principles to save my own ass. I don't know much about how this existence came about for me and what it is all about but what I do know is that I have evolved into me and me is what I will be until I have no more breath.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Frightening. Your comparison is not as ridiculous as I would have thought five years ago.