Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fearing the truth (#977)

It is not natural to be afraid of the truth. It is a learned experience perpetuated by individuals with less than noble motivations. Sometimes I feel like I am on an island in my own life as to how I see the world we live in and how we humans treat each other. There is much good to be said for positive ways but our negative ways need to be exposed. Hiding from the truth is not helpful and is actually harmful. Everything is real simple for me as to philosophy, "are we better off or not by what we are doing"? It all boils down to that one little sentence. No more of the confusion of opinions and the half truths of ulterior motives, just simply, are we better off? Some look at the world through the eyes of judgment and tell their truth based upon a prejudice. Many see the world as a precious opportunity to exhibit the best natures of humanity. Then there are those who could not care either way, they are immune to thinking critically because the call of temptation is too great. Why are we so afraid to acknowledge our own beliefs? I have found that unless those beliefs are popular, many feel they will be outcast or not included into groups of their peers. I also feel this way at times when I am not on the best mental plane. I am human and I struggle like everyone else. However, as quickly as I see my own weakness, I just as quickly change my thought back to what are my principles for living, which mainly consist of helping those who need help and keeping myself in humility. When I keep myself firmly implanted in the thought of we, the strength of my principles flourish. I don't fear the truth when I am living in it. Shine a light on me and I will not scurry and hide from shame or guilt, or puff myself up and say look at me aren't you blessed by my magnificence, but instead I will bow my head and thank my Universe for letting me participate in this great experiment. For those who fear the truth, I say, don't and then start living in it.

No comments: