Saturday, October 8, 2011

Finding your passionate purpose (#981)

Somewhere within us all we have something that matters deeply to us each. It is finding this something that matters, that we need to explore. Time is what allows most of us to understand the big picture of life. It is upon understanding the big picture that we are able to see how and what we can do within that big picture. Certainly, education and research must be part of the discovery process but eventually most of us get a chance to see the world as it is. Now comes the decision, do we just exist and enjoy the state of life around us or do we do more than that. I have found that when I was younger and less knowing, I tended to live hard and fast with little regard for the present and future of things around me. It was easy for me therefore to choose to want to help change society for the better instead of being just along for the pleasurable ride. I have found a purpose for my life and it does not necessarily make my life fun or happy on any constant basis. I have found that trying to do more for the world around me instead of focusing mainly on myself has become my purpose. What that simple idea has done for me is open up many fronts where I can be helpful to the world around me without restricting me to just a few options. Adaptable, that is what I am trying to be so that when I can do something that matters it is possible for me to try. I would rather be this way and live without things others take for granted than to not and have more things that eventually would leave me feeling empty. It is my mind and soul where I find true comfort and fulfillment. I have to sacrifice my insecurities that bring about temporary satisfactions for the greater good of what I want my life to mean. It is not always easy since I will always still be just human, but regardless of that, I am my choice of life, now that I know what matters.

No comments: