Monday, October 10, 2011

We have not arrived yet! (#983)

I suppose it should be no surprise that some people if not many people think that we as a species are at a great stage in our overall evolution. We have control over so much in this existence and we also have a sense of unlimited ability. Yet we do not have that unlimited ability yet nor do we have control over many of the life-extinction possibilities surrounding us. Somehow though we have been able to look past reality and instead see an illusion of our inevitable worth as being invincible. We think and act as if our destinies are within our own control and allow our egos to pat ourselves on our own backs. Often I have distinguished our mindsets as being somewhere between fear and ego, yet both seem to come into play here. I am not a psychologist but enough of an observer in my own life to know that what makes me afraid is often masked by my ego. A survival instinct at times but I am also aware of it so it does become a choice on my part. Instead of accepting reality and embracing it with an eye toward possible solutions, Instead, I allow myself the folly of ego and tell myself instead that I am a demi-god and the trivialities of reality have no say in my fate. Since I am the master of all things that are within my grasp I therefore shall wield my sense of profound worth with a deserving hand. lol. I do wax poetic at times. What I do these days as opposed to my non-illustrative past, is accept what reality is before me as the truth of situation and circumstance and humbly look for solutions that can affect honorable and noble change. It is much more difficult doing things that bring about a positive effect when it seems that those who are held in some regard see only destroying things as a solution. We are no where near being the enlightened human we think we are and we should reflect that in our humility.

No comments: