Monday, October 3, 2011

What do you believe about yourself? (#976)

It has been my contention and proclamation that human beings have two natural instincts, curiosity and compassion; with a third wild card instinct, survival. Without getting into the survival instinct and only focusing on the two, curiosity and compassion, I have tried to show that when we are in the two we are into the best and happiest moments of our lives. A sense of fulfillment and purpose are our evidence. This is what I have found for myself and hopefully others will share this same insight. Now I have read many philosophical, psychological and sociological accounts of what the nature of the human is and their reminders of how negative and detrimental we can be to each other. In my argument back to these other less noble thoughts of our natures I say that the less noble in us is a by-product of the denial of curiosity and compassion. The less noble or being denied our two natural instincts is what happens as a result. Now I am sure that many would scoff at this as being simplistic and not reality. I however see this as an absolute. Never in all of my existence have I ever been less than in euphoria than when I am free to care and wonder about anything and everything. I know the results of my caring and wondering bring out different emotions but those emotions are directly related to how the circumstances and situations are being effected by other factors and people who are not consistent with compassion and curiosity. I can only control what I do at any given time, and I know that what others do also affects me. However today I do know that and I can adjust my expectation or hope accordingly to always understand that the chaos of life today does not reflect the continuity life today could reflect. I am not saying we need to live in a perfect world, but what I am saying is that we could live in a much better world.

No comments: