Sunday, November 20, 2011

The benevolent heart is needed (#1024)

Where is your peace? Do you have a heart of gold toward life? Is your main goal to justify how you feel despite what others may feel? I have too many questions about how we as a species define our actions when the heart of us is absent. There are some in our current American society who feel that all things wrong are a by-product of each wronged individual. That success is there for the taking and that those who don't are less than worthy. The American dream is more an illusion today than it was when I was growing up. The chances of having a family, home, job and all the perks that used to be available have gotten much worse. Is it because the opportunities are there and the opportunities are not being taken? Is it that a good life is not a welcome hope anymore? No to both questions. People want opportunities to succeed and they want to have families and a nice life with their families. The answer is that there are few opportunities available to be taken. There are 100 million Americans below and just above the poverty line. This is because only a few opportunities for a better life in the workforce actually exist. Why am I going to statistics and commentary to express that a benevolent heart should exist? Because only through looking through the eyes of others can we see the problems and solutions that need to be addressed. If I didn't care about you I wouldn't care to help you have a better life. So I must care about you if I have the natural human instinct I was born with. If I have lost my instinct to care about our species then having a benevolent heart is moot. I have not lost mine however and that is why the benevolent heart is necessary to solve what ails our society, economically in particular. Pushing for a better life for all of us is what those of us with a heart left in our chests must continue to do.

No comments: