Thursday, November 3, 2011

The courage to live (#1007)

What do I mean? Living is a relative term. I know most of us just want to get through our days with as little trouble as possible. It is a comfortable way to live and having the knowledge that we can somewhat control our immediate future is important. However the risk is that while we are looking about our own individual zones, our overall lives are being directed in ways that are in contradiction with our perceptions. It has always been my insight that having discomfort in our lives is a way of maintaining what comfort we have. I know, what is that you say? lol. What I mean is that when we put ourselves out in the path of uncertainty, for the purpose of standing up for what we have, in the face of what could be taken from us, we display that being uncomfortable is a strategy. In other words, we have to draw the line to protect what we have or what we want even if it causes us harm. There are those out there who would take from us our very souls if we did not stop them. That is what I mean by having the courage to live. It isn't just about our material possessions either. More important than material objects of comfort is our own set of principles for what we expect the human race to exhibit. I know that I can live with the clothes on my back and feel good about myself as opposed to having all my stuff and given away my honor and feel worthless. It is what is inside of us that makes us who we are and what we want to be. The fear of losing or not gaining is evident in today's society but that phenomenon is changing. More are committing themselves to honor over shame or cowardice. It is refreshing to see what humanity can do when faced with the pressures of being denied the right and ability to live a healthy and productive life. My faith in humanity is being restored while, literally, the effect of that faith is under attack. The courage to live indeed!

No comments: