Sunday, November 27, 2011

The fight to expose the truth (#1031)

That I even have to write on this subject tells all of us that there are forces out there who do not want us to know the truth. They would rather we know lies or distortions or nothing at all instead of letting the truth be known. I am in a constant struggle to root out the truth in whatever subject that comes to me. It is my nature to be curious and my curiosity demands the truth, regardless of how uncomfortable or demeaning it may make me or anyone else. We are never going to change our thoughts and behaviors until we are all dealing with the facts of things and not the illusions of them. There can never be a circumstance where the truth of a thing is deemed to be less important than a lie or silence. I know there are some things in life that need discretion due to lack of understanding or simply a way to explain, however the time it takes to allow ourselves to understand a difficult truth is far better spent than a lie used to hide or convolute it. Sunshine is the best disinfectant and when the truths of things are exposed to the light of day we all benefit. Where truth is used there is less room for lies or confusions. I have spent a majority of my precious time here on Earth just trying to catch up from all the distortions that I have been inoculated into believing. How terrible is it for those of us who have been manipulated by untruths? Obviously it is not such a big deal since our society has taken no real steps to eradicate the free distribution of lies as a practice. We only live here in this existence once as who we are and to make the most of it would be to simply have telling the truth be a foundational principled requirement. The right to open up our dialogue to truths and admissions of doubt where no truth can be proved is my goal and something I deem worth fighting for.

No comments: