Monday, November 28, 2011

"Occam's Razor" (#1032)

Occam's Razor; "is a principle that generally recommends from among competing hypotheses selecting the one that makes the fewest new assumptions."-Wikipedia. In other words, go with the simplest explanation as a general rule. This is one of my guiding principles in life, Just keep doing the next right thing that comes my way. I do not go out of my way to plan some elaborate scheme or machination in order to achieve a previously thought out conclusion. I just, in plain language, let the chips fall where they may. Certainly, I am not some cavalier or reckless person who lives life without any thought to what an outcome may be but I do not plan my existence with a preconceived assumption of how that will come about, or what that "come about" will actually be. Again, doing the next right thing is enough of a plan for me to live life like I desire. Much of my early life was grounded in the competition of scraping with others for what little I could get. It is part of an addiction with many of us when we feel that cynicism and poorly attitudes dominate all of our rationales. I had so much remorse for my actions back then because my actions were done in reaction to my poor outlook. The old "woe is me", "life is not fair" paradigm. It is true that I am woeful, :) and that life is not fair, so true, but it is the same for everyone not just me and my few commiserating friends. Given the turn-around in my outlook, thankfully, I have found that living a simple life with very few expectations has been pleasantly rewarding. Keeping things simple in my life has allowed me to appreciate my surroundings and the effort I put forth has honor and nobility to it. What more could I ask for from myself than to do what is right when right needs doing? The secret to life is loving life as much as you enjoy who you are. For me, Occam's Razor, has provided a purposeful pathway for living for me to think and act upon.

No comments: