Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Oh woe is me (#1026)

I keep getting little reminders from myself about how sensitive I am to the little harms that come my way. These harms are so magnified in my head, that I often find myself saying, "how come these types of unlucky things keep happening to me"? Like I have a fate that will always be cursed. It takes less than a moment however for me to come back to reality and put my "harm" into perspective. I can do this because my memory is such that I can recall far worse things happening to others. What I do know is that I am very fortunate to have love and care from others in my life when so many are denied these simple human connections. That is my little psychological uneasiness and though it does come around from time to time it has a remedy, that being I just remember that people have it much worse. Now that takes care of me realizing that life is not all bad but what I need to do is try to understand how to make life better all around me. Here is my view of things, I open my eyes and see a world that I would not imagine if I could imagine what I wanted to see. It may seem a bit arrogant of me to think that the world should look like what I think it should look like but my intentions are good. I open my eyes and I don't like a lot of what I see. I feel it is my responsibility to change the world where I can to make it look like something that makes me proud and happy. Now if all of us would adopt this same simple philosophy then our world would be wonderful within no time at all. It really all boils down to what is the priority of every single soul. If it isn't to make our world better by improving it then we are still struggling to find our conscious. Sadly, we are so confused as a species right now that it isn't just as simple as us seeing what we all need but instead it is mostly only seeing what we want without regard to what others need.

No comments: