Sunday, December 4, 2011

A fulfilling life (#1038)

Damn all the complications. I know life can be seen as something that needs to be tamed or controlled but really, how is that working out? Would you even have a perspective to know how that is working out? I'm sorry but I am writing this post with a slant of humor because it is somewhat funny that we try to live our lives based on what we think is right and good for us instead of just living life. Being so busy having a life and forgetting to actually live it. What do I mean? Simply that my expectations of what my life should be or could be should have no merit in how I actually live. I get to choose how I see the world. Do I present the face of someone who doesn't always get what they want or do I present the face of someone who is happy to have a life. I have often said that I could be walking down the street without even a shirt on my back and I would survive somehow and be okay. I still feel that way but as I get older it does seem more daunting. Regardless though, I am of a mind that my plans for my life are truly just a waste of time. I mean I can hope for things to happen but if they do fine and if they don't then fine also. What I do in my life is up to me and that includes my own outlook. What is a fulfilling life? Well, for me it is to have a smile on my face whenever it is possible. Happiness, something our forefathers here in America recognized as greatly important, important enough to be listed in a sentence, considered by many, to be one of the most influential sentences in the history of humankind. "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." The question becomes then what is it that pursuit of happiness thing entail. I guess it is one of those you'll know it when you see it things. For me, happiness is real simple, it is what makes me smile. I am a good man who is humbled by having a life in this existence. That which does not harm you or me makes me smile, which then makes me happy. Simple :)

No comments: