Sunday, January 22, 2012

...and the beat goes on (#1087)

Another day starting out and how it will go depends a lot on me. Responsibility for my actions is my first priority. Others will come into play, but what they do is on them. I can be as accommodating as possible so that I am not the obstacle to anyone else having the day they are supposed to have but still, it is on them. I have really come so far from my previous behavior of trying to control the panorama of my reality. Not so anymore since I have learned that quality of life is only available with my serenity. The imaginings of some illusive fantasy has no place in the living of my life. I do not require miracles nor is my destiny based upon them. I just accept my life here with a smile on my face and a ready willingness to venture forth into time. There is one thing today that is on my mind and that is how I can make snap decisions when the snap is not needed. I guess I have been trained over my lifetime to quickly decide things whenever possible as a rule. I need to stop that since some things need more contemplation than just a moment or two. I can and have missed out on things because I didn't stop and think about what effect the words that came out of my mouth would have on others. I have given the impression of being rash and unfeeling without trying to be when it was not necessary. I still need to learn that every choice I make is not of the same necessity. I admit that I am not as social as I should be and I suffer because of that. My pride is unwieldy in the sense that I am unable to, at times, process that some come into my life for more than just coincidental acquaintance. I need to keep my bearings in the present when I am hurried or flustered or whatever. Such is my life and the beat does keep going on...

No comments: