Tuesday, January 31, 2012

At the mercy of things (#1096)

After moving from my previous domicile and being told that the new Internet would be in place at the new place, I am finding out I am at the mercy of events outside my control. Despite what the providers say, more important is what they are supposed to be doing. Which apparently is not doing what they say. So here I am, outside at the Safeway store typing my daily blog because the wifi is available for use. lol. I don't mind being here, outside on this beautiful Tuesday morning, fresh air and pleasant surroundings, yet being forced to do this is what has me writing on this subject. I pre-ordered my Internet transition well in advance yet it seems that the best intentions on my part still leave me at the mercy of others who don't appreciate planning and organizing on my part. Again, I am laughing because this is nothing new to me but my faith in process and the work ethic is still a value. I suppose that if a snafu was to happen it is best to happen to me since I am such a good sport about these types of things. However, despite my ability to laugh this off and accept what is happening with me I am still a bit irritated that there will be some things I am not able to do since I cannot realistically "occupy" Safeway's outside lunch table area for the next few days. Some such things like responding to posts on my Facebook page, that if I had the ability to monitor, I would have deleted them. Or at least politely responded to some well intentioned beings who post valueless things. I find that so much of my time is Internet related and the dysfunction of my Internet provider to live up to their word has me looking at what my day does with a new perspective. Oh well, my little troubles with a convenient Internet connection seems to have been enough of a topic for me to have spent a blog post on, especially since it is the first blog post of my now fourth year doing this.

No comments: