Monday, January 9, 2012

Live in truth or you will be surrounded by lies (#1074)

I have found that if I didn't learn on my own what was going on someone else was always there to give their less than objective opinion of how they saw it. There were very few individuals in my life who would actually try to help me find the truth of things. Most everyone else, it seems, has an agenda that propagates some advantage that doesn't have my interests at heart. Understandable in many ways, since we live in a capitalist society that demands that we struggle against each other in order to survive. For many to misinform and even outright lie it is a well accepted strategy to outdo the competition. That is how sick our society has become. Instead of working hard and providing services that are attractive, we now step low to trickery and deception as our method for advancement. We have changed our personal character to fit a diseased model of economics as a guide for living. How we live our lives is important. We can succumb to the rhetoric of materialism, selfishness and power or we can surround ourselves with the truth of things. The quality of my spiritual awareness is what has value in my life, not consumerism. How I greet each day and the people within it are the memories I will have as I continue to grow older in life. I won't be looking back at what could have been out of regret. Instead I am enjoying life and learning of the truths of it on a constant basis. I have college degrees but that doesn't stop me from learning. Paper on the wall does not define my knowledge. What I write this very moment does though and for me to stay up with our ever changing world I need to keep learning what the truths are. I am getting redundant but it is for the purpose of letting the universe know that if I want to live in truth I must earn it myself and not take it as fact from someone else.

No comments: