Sunday, January 15, 2012

Money can't buy friendship (#1080)

Earn all you want. Spend as much as you can. You will never be able to buy friendship, it comes for free. I think of the statement; cash poor/rich in life. This is my reality. I have been fortunate that I look upon others with respect unless they take that respect and use it against me. When there are so many people to meet in a lifetime of living, it is inevitable and even more probable that I will meet those who have been taught to take advantage of others as a rule. For those souls, I have moved away from and instead continue to have those who honor my respect for them in my life. I will always, yes, as a rule, give respect to everyone equally, regardless of differences. We are all similarly strange creatures in an existence not of our own making. We all deserve to be treated with respect. It is a fundamental beginning we should all apply toward each other. This is how I have been fortunate enough to make friends. By allowing a fresh starting point to new acquaintances, We both get to build a friendship based upon equal respect. From there we grow our relationship based upon similar passions and knowledge bases. Honor has so much to do with every little thought and action that my friends and I share that it serves as the foundation for our interactions. Respect must be honored in every way. I can be honest and forthcoming, without being hurtful and condescending. That my friends and I don't always see eye to eye does not negate the respect we have for each other. We do not club each other over the head with our differences, instead we live our similarities as the real bond in expressing our respect toward each other. It is interesting to note that in respecting each other we have actually bridged the gap that had previously existed in some areas of our lives. Food for thought.

No comments: