Saturday, January 7, 2012

On the subject of optimism (#1072)

Staying optimistic when life is so difficult can be the greatest challenge we ever face. Giving into the easiness of quitting seems alluring when to maintain optimism is such a tiring chore. However, quitting only means that we will deny our true strength of courage and the determination to succeed, in favor of hopelessness, loss of self-worth and depression. Situations happen around me all the time and adapting to those situations is normal and healthy. It is when I give in to the notions of impossibility, unworthiness and fear I lessen myself from who I am. Choices are what I have and those choices I make will ultimately define my character and destiny. My greatest strengths are that I care about all things and I wonder about most everything that I don't know. Leaving these two dynamics in order to wallow in defeat is not natural for me, although in the past I have lived my life there, nor all of us as humans. What is normal is for us to battle ahead with all challenges that confront us with a vigor and mindset of overcoming. We must also know that these battles are not fought and won overnight. Some endure over our entire lifetimes. Despite the longevity of our struggles toward the better and best of who we are, we must keep in mind the purpose for our fight. We are searching for the happiness in life we know is there. As a purpose for living, I can think of few that would be as important than to maintain an optimism about forging a life of better in search for our happiness. Life is not so complex, that by just having a simple foundation for living is both healthy and promising when understood. Most every time I write one of these posts the central underlying theme is to recognize the "fear" in our lives and move forward despite it. That is courage and optimism will guide us if we remember that life can be better and happiness will be the result of life being better.

2 comments:

siouxlin said...

I so appreciate your optimism and your messages of hope, tho I often am intimidated by the length of your posts. I find myself wishing I could stop the rest of my life, to really digest your words and respond from my heart and mind. Trusting my higher power to lead me where I need to go, sharing with like folk along the way, mostly by supporting other's efforts to free themselves of their own self doubt, and letting go of my own ego's need to be in charge, will allow me to be of service and believe in my connection to others.You have not "failed", you are a voice in the wilderness.

Man of Hope said...

Thank you siouxlin for your kind words. Whatever touches your heart is all that I hope for. Please do share whatever strikes you the most as that is all that needs to be.