Friday, January 13, 2012

To try is the least we can do (#1078)

I know we are not capable of the being best of ourselves at all times and that is just real. however, we can try at all times regardless of whether our best comes out or not. I am talking about the will to try, regardless of the circumstances. Once the set upon course of always trying to do the right thing or be the best we can be is understood and implemented, we are able to inculcate a behavioral pattern that best suits our instincts. Life is all about change and being the best within change suits our desires to achieve and improve our own definitions of ourselves. I do not know a soul who does not want to be a better person. Even those who proclaim that they have arrived are just kidding themselves since the "arrived" place they think they are has already moved on. Our idea that we are in a safe comfort zone of time and place is an illusion. For moments in time there are pauses of tranquility, but deception as to the longevity of that tranquility is dominant. This always, and I mean always boils down to fear. We find that fear will drive us toward actions that belie who we are for some sort of security that is false. When we are in the mode or habit of trying our best regardless of the situation or circumstance, we are acting in courage and fear has no dominance when courage is engaged. It is through the thoughts and actions of trying to do better that we find the harmony of our souls. We may find that we have little success in our endeavor of trying but the fact that we don't give up is the difference between who we can be and who we default to. I cannot tell how many times I have failed but have not given in to defeat. I may lose but my head is held high and I am still proud of my efforts. I do exemplify what is best about dogged determination, I just won't quit when things seem inevitably against me. I remember when I was on a little league team and the sponsor of our team was "Optimists International". it seems quite providential to me that I have taken on the same spirit of that long ago sponsor.

No comments: