Friday, February 10, 2012

Money is not the only motivator (#1106)

Contrary to almost universal exclamation, money or monetary enticement is not the only value attributable to motivating innovation and enterprise. I know I need something to do with my life and regardless of what it is I will be doing something. The first rationale is that we must all stay busy doing something whether money is in the equation or not. Secondly, being rewarded for doing any something is a bonus, not a necessity. Unfortunately we have made an exchange for goods using money to represent some cost/benefit arrangement. Having the usage of a monetary system does seem harmless, however, that same monetary system has been used in ways where the exchange between some values and others are tremendously out of proportion. What is actually a simplified and easy system, monetary value, has become a sacred manipulation to our extremely prejudicial harm. Not to get off subject here, I want to return to another motivation besides money that fuels our desire to create and build enterprise and ingenuity in a moment. Personally, I have learned that individual ownership of ideas has an imbalance to it that perpetuates class distinctions. I would hope that others like I, do care about this because the ability to create is within us all. That some have advantages to get to patent creating ideas before others has more to do with economic disparity and lack of educational opportunities than it does to some having more intellect than others by some superior born mental prowess. All I am saying here is that I like creating things and building on them but I have no desire to monetize myself to a point where I am disassociated because of wealth accumulation. The attainment of wealth is not my ambition yet creating a better world is.

No comments: