Monday, February 6, 2012

The quiet used to bother me (#1102)

Perspective is a word I had little knowledge of when I was young and that is the way it should be when one is young. Perspective is gained through trial and error and experiences. These things take time and now that I have time behind me I understand what perspective brings. Which is why I do appreciate the quietness of life when it shows itself to me. I was sitting here at my keyboard trying to concentrate and meditate on what my mind would bring to the fore as to what today's daily blog post would be about. What is remarkable is that normally thoughts are forming and ideas are gathering in an incoherent way in my mind. Not so this morning, I found myself just listening to the sounds around me and appreciating the quiet times between them. I like the quiet now more than ever. I know this may seem to go against my nature to survive and the struggling noises associated with that, but contrary to that understanding is the one that sees the quiet as an in-between time from all the noise. Quiet is also seen as step toward our own demise and that if we keep the noise around us it will somehow relieve anxiety of our eventual fatal condition. That is just fear raising it's head to muck up quietness and the joy it can bring. For anyone who has been bone-tired, quiet is an absolute gift within life. It has it's short, by perspective, time factors but nonetheless, quiet is a positive experience. One other thing quiet reminds me to do and that is slow down and enjoy my environment, regardless of the circumstances. Remembering that the struggle to improve life is always predicated on the inadequate reality of life. Quiet serves as a plateau from which to re-energize and move forward.

No comments: