Friday, March 9, 2012

Being kind is not a chore it is a way of life (#1134)

Being kind is not a game where scores are kept to see who has the most knidnesses given. Kindness is a way of life that reflects an inner peace we have found. Kindness is a manifestation of that inner peace. If you are being kind in order to fulfill a strategy then the effort has lost it's purist intent. Most can see right through phoniness and no one should be fooled into believing otherwise. I would rather someone not be kind to me when it causes them inner grief to do so, instead they need to work on what is ailing them spiritually, find their peace and then let the kindness come from them. Some may think that being kind regardless of motive is usually a better situation than no kindness being shown but I disagree. I live in a world of harsh realities and when those realities are blurred by confusion or deception, then the realities become that much harder to diagnose and apply solutions toward. in other words I would rather have someone cranky and unwilling to be kind so that I can adjust to that truth and help find a solution. this pretending stuff is nothing more than obstacles to a better way of life. It takes a well rounded person who is willing to be of a noble persuasion to allow themselves to put others first. Selfishness is the great barrier to kindness and addressing selfishness as a consequence of behavior will at least let each person know what they are choosing to do. I do not do kind things for the sake of advantage, although in my youth I did. Then I had no idea that I had a choice to be different than those cynics I associated with. Today I do understand that I am the navigator of my destiny and having peace in my life and showing it through kindness is the course I have chosen.

No comments: