Saturday, March 31, 2012

How we find ourselves (#1156)

We find ourselves with humility. When being in a humble state, we are able to let all the things around us in. In that way we become aware of our surroundings instead of just traveling through our surroundings. I often like to control things in my sphere or scope of influence so much that I lose sight of where I have been. I miss out on listening to others and the sounds of life around me. I am always in such a hurry to get to where I want to be instead of enjoying the passage to wherever I end up. The journey is the key, not the destination. How I conduct myself in moving within time and giving respect to all the things around me as if my life depended on it is the expression I am seeking to live. That is how I know myself. I sense and receive information without losing sight of that. When I am controlling things I spend more time on manipulating thoughts and actions of others and little to no time on my own thoughts and actions. To use an analogy, I am not the hammer, I am the nail, waiting for the force of life to put me where I am most effective. Of course I have free will and use it to position myself as available, but I am not the determining force. As much as my ego wishes for me to accept some delusional misguided concept of my own self-worth, I cannot if I want to be me. I am but one human being in a land of 7 billion human beings. We are all here to understand and live our lives with some dignity and that can only be achieved if I and others will just be humble about who we are and let our souls guide us instead of our egos. it is a privilege being here in this existence and I thank you all for being here as well.

No comments: