Thursday, April 5, 2012

As you wish (#1161)

The famous line from the movie Princess Bride. So much is packed into that small three word statement. it also reminds me of another three word statement that is just as powerful, from the movie Moulin Rouge, Come what may. We determine what we can or won't do. If we set our minds to something then hell nor high water will stop our efforts. We may not achieve what we set out to do or to make not happen, however our spirit to give it our all is up to us. Unfortunately I have conversations with those who can only see how things are bad and cannot get past their idea that they are not going to get better, which seems self-defeating to me. I know how difficult things are, no one has to tell me that most every time we are crushed in our hopes and dreams. yet, we can either accept the losses as just the way things are or we can work to change the paradigm that keeps things the way they are. I want a reality that fulfills our hopes and dreams more often then not. Am I crazy for being optimistic that somehow I can make the present dynamic, shift? I don't think so because this world has taught me one very important lesson, which is that all it takes is one person with enough conviction to never stop fighting for a movement to grow from. A movement that could, if the cause is right, and of our positive nature, to become a force of change. I often think of myself as a catalyst, like in a science experiment, adding to the present mix a new element which will create a new reaction of solution to the same old problems. We must believe, and back our belief, that we humans are worthy of every opportunity and that all of us need to share in those opportunities in the same ways.

No comments: