Saturday, April 7, 2012

The good feeling of equality (#1163)

Few things in life have a good feel to them but fighting for equality is one of them. The greatest thing about doing what is right is how it makes you feel. There is nothing like being a champion of what is right in life. It is like fighting for the right to breathe or for freedom and liberty. The true champions in our life are the ones who turn against those who would deny rights to some and not to others. The sheer force of being on the right side of virtue is exhilarating. Nothing that comes from selfishness or greed can remotely compare. My soul is the judge of how I feel not my nerves or lusts. Sensing is what we do as a species. We have the possibility of five senses that are physically manifested in our lives. I like to call us the human data processors who feed our need to be curious, with information. I am not on this world to only spend my time finding ways to gratify my desires, I am here to know and learn more about what I don't know. That is my purpose for being here in this existence and likely it is the same for every other human as well. While I am about my main purpose of learning and discovery, I also wish to feel good about how I am living. I have found that what makes me feel the best is when I stand up for virtuous principles. I am an idealist in ways that effect how I perceive respect and dignity. Neither comes without equality and if equality is not there then I am fighting to get it there. I am able for some dumb luck of reason or serendipity to have the insight that we all deserve to be special and if we are not allowed to be special then I will work my ass off to make it so. I am not god nor worthless, I just understand what makes me feel the best I can feel.

No comments: