Saturday, May 26, 2012

Judgments based upon our own personal psychology (#1212)

Our own, personal, human nature is all we have to be able to conclude our reasonings from analysis. When do we have enough information from knowledge to be able to say without a doubt we actually know something? I have never in my life, in my heart, excepting only love and eventual death, been able to say unequivocally that I am 100% certain on anything. Even my own premise for this blog is based upon a degree of doubt, albeit, a very small doubt. So for any of us to demand that others accept what we have determined to be true for ourselves onto others is not persuasive and actually crosses the line into egoistic demagoguery. I am not saying that offering an opinion or policy that may have positive consequences is a bad thing, what I am saying is that what some demand that we accept as their opinions or policies that seem right to them, is wrong. I use myself as a case study in these types of situations when it comes to arguments that have real affects on others. I am not the wisest nor the least informed, yet I can still gather together enough foundational knowledge to know that an unknown elemental factor in almost every circumstance still exists. There is no one-size fits all solution to any complex problem that can be adapted to human behavior with any certainty. If anything, judgments, should as often as possible be withheld as conclusions until we realize that they are better offered as opinions with caveats. Our species is not at a point where we can consistently know that what we are rationalizing will remain rational because of the yet still unknown. We must, with courage, continue to move forward into our present and future but with trepidation and with a real practice of thought and action immersed in humility. 

No comments: