Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Trust your personal virtue (#1195)

I will begin by saying that we all have both positive and negative thoughts come into our minds at any given time. That is normal. However, what we do when these thoughts do come into our minds separates us from each other. For the most part. many of us ignore our negative thoughts and try to concentrate on our positive ones. This is also normal. How do we ignore our negative thoughts though? I have found that I don't resist in allowing a negative thought to come into my mind. I let it expose itself to my logical mind and then react to it by feeling how embarrassed I would be if I allowed that negative thought to become a reality through strategy or action. This works for me. My point here is that all of us are prone to having negative thoughts in our heads at any given time and it is what we do with them that builds on the overall character and personality we carry around with us in our lives. It will always be a part of our natures to think harmful irrational thoughts, but it is also in our nature to dismiss these inappropriate thoughts to be not worthy of our own personal virtues. This is where we must allow our inner self to be the guide. We must trust that who we are is greater than any idea that floats around in our consciousness. I am a good man and I know it because I have allowed the virtue of my own personal nature to decide the actions I take on the thoughts I have. It is an involuntary control of sorts that allows me to cruise through some aspects of my mental imaginings with the knowledge that my personal default settings are based upon principles I honor and respect. Don't be afraid of having negative thoughts, be afraid of not having the character to trust your personal virtues in order to dismiss them.

No comments: