Thursday, May 10, 2012

What happens to us after we die? (#1196)

Every single human who has ever lived long enough to have a few thoughts has had this one thoughtful question come into their minds. What happens to us after we die? I know this much, I don't know. What I do know is that how I live could very well have an effect on what happens to me after I die. My physical body will of course come to an end, but what of my spirit self or my being that inhabits this body? There is no known research that can prove that our spirit self actually dies with our bodies. Since the question remains and there is no definitive answer, I choose to think of death as a transitional period of some sort. Which means that my spirit will continue on in a form that is unimaginable to me at this time. What helps me with this as yet unknowable subject is that I try to take the high road and stay away from the dark pessimism of nothing happens, and that our spirits terminate into nothingness with our physical bodies. For me it is efficient to think of myself being in synchronicity with the Universe and it's nearly timeless nature as being correlative. I come from the Universe, I am part of the Universe, therefore syllogistically, I am a characteristic of the Universe. This bit of logic helps guide me to imagine that my life has a purpose not unlike the Universe on whole, and if so, then what I do with my life also has purpose. I choose to consider that I am not just a one-off shot in the dark morass of an unknowing chaotic theory. Therefore, if I am not at an end when this existence stops being a reality for me, then I am hopeful that what I do within this existence and the time frame it gives me is building toward another reality where the comprehensiveness of my being continues to  evolve.

No comments: