Monday, July 2, 2012

I will never again lose my honorable principles (#1249)

What is the best of me is reflected in how I feel about myself. I have found that only true confidence in myself comes about when I am honoring virtue with thought and action. Not just to talk about it but to actually act upon the noble principles in my everyday life. I have been lucky. I say that because I got lost to who I was at the beginning of my life for a long time and when chance came upon me to find my true being, I took the chance and gave up those things that had kept me in confusion. My behavior and habits had become my automated program for living instead of just letting life come to me and me letting my life come to all others. I quit forcing things and I quit trying to manage all my expectations. I just quit trying to control what I thought I should control. Now, I just let the best of my nature align with honor and let things be as they will be. I don't have to compromise with selfishness or greed for people, places and things. I accept that I am just fortunate to have what I was born with and let that drive me through life. I do like that some things in life have no direct commercial value attached to them. It seems we will only kid ourselves if we think we don't attach a price and strategy to how we decide what our lives will become and that is important to us and I am no different. But in the areas of personal and public, principled ideals, there is no strategy, just the doing of what is best about me and the circumstances I find myself in. I don't trade principles for other values. I don't see principles as commodities that have an adjusted value. Life for me is about living to the utmost of my virtues and in this I am of one accord.

No comments: