Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Leadership, not thievery! (#1278)

I can never say this enough, there are no "deserves" here in life. If we ever feel like we deserve something, then it has just happened that we should never have it. This idea has been at the core of my struggles my whole life. When I was younger I used to think that good things came to those who did all they were supposed to rightly do. Of course over time I learned that this is not how things work. In our society, good things come to those who are willing to break the rules and celebrate the theft of others' due, as a process. I cannot justify that kind of mentality, so instead, I just live without the good things coming to me for the effort I put out. I accept that there are those who would take what rightly belongs to others to fuel their own self-importance and ego. It is just the way it is. I want that to change but I cannot change it by applying the same processes that I want to change. So what I must do is continue doing the right things and expose those who do the wrong things. Eventually our society will realize that we are all hurt when even one person breaks the rules and takes from those who otherwise would be deserving. Our society will only grow and prosper when the individual integrity of us all count as a priority. In the meantime, those who become and remain cynical, will be the ones who hold us back. My approach is to accept whatever happens as best I can and move onto the next worthy effort, all the while pointing out where dishonest intentions steal from those whose right is justified. 

No comments: