Sunday, September 30, 2012

Found my way home (#1339)

For all the traveling I did when I was younger in this part of the country, you would think I would have found someplace to land and establish roots. Well for awhile I did up in the great Northwest, but always lingering in me was the need to come back home. There is just something about familiarity, even when it has changed somewhat. It is as if the place of my birth has some internal significance. maybe even some subconscious attraction that pulls me back to the place of my first existing, I don't know but there is a comfort level that is innate. I feel a close connection to the Northwest and will always travel there when I can but to leave here again for any length of time doesn't seem like a possibility anymore. When I was younger I was traveling as a way to find myself, and physically discover what I had only heard about. Today, I want to travel as a means for recreation and reacquainting myself with old friends and family. If I could have two homes I would, one here and one in a motorhome, where I could be on the road to explore new places. Sometimes I wonder what it is that keeps us close to our original homes, is it comfort or is it the fear of something new? I seem to have settled it for me but that is just me and how others get to their answers surely will not be exactly the same as mine. Regardless of that, my search for myself and where I should be is over and now comes the time in my life where I just enjoy who I am and where I am at. 

No comments: