Sunday, September 2, 2012

Garnering in my impulses (#1311)

When to know when is too much. My path often comes upon that crossroads and for me the choice is either say nothing or say too much. lol. My dumb luck as it were. I think I am better off saying nothing and subscribing to the thought that letting people think you are less than brilliant is better than proving it. It is worth noting that what I am thinking about is relationships and how some that I meet can literally, through emotion, confuse logic and common sense right out of me. Especially relationships aimed at intimacy. When I meet someone I grow to have some feelings about, it happens that I get a bit nervous about what I will say or not say, do or not do. I am conscious of how I am responding to ordinary situations and circumstances. What I am learning, still learning, is that silence can be a better strategy than me trying to insert some witty or explanatory remark. Like I said though, I am still learning. :) However, I am also aware that silence isn't the best non-response when it is obvious that a response is sensible. Therein lies the problem for me, bringing clarity to where that fuzzy line begins and ends. That fuzzy line is always influenced by my personal feelings so my personal feelings is where I must start. All of this would be much easier if I just ignored my personal feelings and let life play out without any emotional interjection from me, however that is dull and hardened, which defeats the purpose of actually caring about the things in life worth caring about. The bigger picture is that I must just reign in my tendency to add to situations and circumstances when no obvious benefit exists. A fine tuning of my personality if you will.

No comments: