Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Why I care (#1349)

I don't have to care about anything outside of myself, yet I do. The reason is, is that I choose to care. Something about caring feels right. In fact I have been at places in my life where I tried very hard not to care and there was no good to come of it. I felt secluded but empty and lonely. I did not like that feeling and since then I have tried my hardest to not be that guy again. Life is somewhat annoying at times but the benefit of living in my life with others far outweigh any perceived inconveniences I may think I am being otherwise subjected. Caring is for me a natural trait, something I have inherent within me. I can choose to ignore my natural state and try to live in an illusory one, but again, it did not feel right. So care I do and because of caring many things in my life have happy outcomes. So for me caring brings about a happiness I otherwise would have missed out on. Whether the caring takes place on the micro level or macro level. I do feel better when I employ it. Another benefit of caring is that a lot of those who are the benefit of my care also return me the same courtesy. A respectful relationship blossoms and amazing situations occur that I could not have envisioned through not caring. Most of us spend time thinking about what our purpose here is in this time limited existence and I am one also. What has occurred to me is the phrase in our United States Declaration of Independence, "...the pursuit of happiness.". This phrase has effectively filled out what I think of as my purpose, so caring is the key to me finding that happiness I so much want to have in my life.

No comments: