Saturday, November 10, 2012

If we survive our life lessons, we can begin to live (#1380)

I vividly remember a line in the movie, The Natural, where the actress, Glenn Close said, paraphrased, that we live 2 lives, the first we learn with, and then the life after that. I couldn't agree more with that sage counsel. I struggled mightily to learn what life meant for me and until I had experienced so many differences, was I able to see who I was and what I wanted out of life. I am and have been in that second phase of living for many years now and the clarity I have now is a reversal of the chaos and confusion I was experiencing before. All the hard lessons I learned were well worth the time since it is what has gotten me to where I am now. I only wish that I hadn't spent so much time but it took what it took as the saying goes. My life today truly is a beautiful thing in my eyes. I don't have doubts about my intentions. They are clear and for the most part highly honorable. I am human and prone to making mistakes regardless of how hard I try not to not make mistakes so the times I fail I don't get discouraged, I just get it right the next time. I have order in my life now and priorities fill my day. What I also get is the ability to see the same set of values and principles in others. What this does for me is to be able to trust like I have never been able to do before. Trust requires a stable foundation and now that I have one I can see those who also have a stable foundation as well. There is so much hope for all of us once we get past being our own obstruction. It will take whatever it takes and the best hope is that the lessons we learn are not too devastating as to prohibit us from moving into a better plane of living.

No comments: