Saturday, December 1, 2012

Eager or exhausted? (#1401)

A little of both but mostly exhausted. My days bring a lot of hope and promise in my mind but my physicality has been worn down. As fresh as my mind is when I wake up there is still the lingering physical and mental effects of the previous days efforts. I will presume to generalize about all of us in that we seem to do so much during our days that there is little time in our resting to overcome the difference between recharging and just maintaining. We have been inculcated through our societies to push and strive with endless competitive spirit that we have little left over for just the simple quiet stillness needed to reinvigorate. There is always something to do whether we need to do or cannot sit still long enough and instead make things up to do. It is part of how we are conditioned. There is value in all things if we look hard enough for it and for that we are fortunate. However, time will take it's toll and besides, those things we do are at the expense of other things we don't do. For me it is important to understand a personal life purpose for myself. I have my public and societal purpose but I also have my personal purpose and when they are in conflict I must decide which carries the heavier burden. I must keep myself fit and rational if anything important is to emerge from me. What I am finding is that spending at least half an hour just staring out into a pleasant space is like many hours of sleep. it changes my perspective on many levels while allowing my body to just be still. It is a lot like being patient, something for me that needs to be practiced since not being patient has been my previous behavior. 

No comments: