Sunday, December 2, 2012

Where I find happiness (#1402)

Contrary to some who say that happiness is self evident when it appears, I think not so much. What is most intriguing is that happiness does not come in the form of happiness. For me, happiness appears in some form of distress or uncomfortableness. Often, and in most cases, happiness is a byproduct of something that starts out as inconvenient or requiring me to sacrifice in some way. Funny how that works for others and myself. The theory works like this, you must first give in order to receive. Now I am talking specifically about happiness. For other hoped for pursuits the combination varies. I suspect though that the formula of giving to get generally works across all paradigms. So when I am challenged by circumstances that initially I see as fruitless or of no good outcome, I change my intent to see if I can produce a positive outcome. What I have found is that my mind has been opened up to conclusions beyond my own initial reasoning. It is like I have found complexity where I presumed only simplicity resided. this is just another example of the awesomeness of this existence. Just when I begin to fall into a pattern of self confidence, I find that I need more work on what I can rightly assume is right and correct. In other words life keeps humbling me but in that humbling process I actually find happiness because I get to give of myself and the reward for doing so is satisfyingly priceless. What I can say here is that we are not who we think we are, we are what we do that distinguishes us in honorable ways to ourselves. And in that honorable doing is where we find the secret to unlimited happiness.

No comments: