Thursday, January 31, 2013

An urgent patience (#1462)

An oxymoron if you prefer, however I do have this type of feeling often. It is like I am riding a horse while only just poking along when I really want the horse to run faster than the wind. A controlled movement forward with the anticipation of actually arriving yesterday. lol. I suppose most of us are this way. I know I cannot wait so much of the time but I have learned that if I don't slow down my expectations of change, I will never see anything move toward it. When I was younger I thought that all we had to do as a society was to recognize the simplicity of a solution and we would all garner our efforts toward making the solution a reality. I have learned that despite the fact that most of us see a solution as a logical step forward, many do not want to change. Many reasons are given for not changing but few that actually consider all of us instead of just some or one of us. So be it if that must be how we evolve our society. I understand it and will add that component into my calculations for our betterment. I don't like it but there it is anyway. It still does not change my impulse to make this world better while I am still here and before I leave it in my time. There is the inside look at who I am. A man waiting on time to deliver what should have already been done. As I am human and can reason like the rest of us can, I take what is there to be given and thank the whirligig of time for it. So many before me I am sure suffered through this same dilemma of knowing we are better than what we are but were unable to produce the quick changes to make it so. None of this is difficult, all that is lacking is our will to live in a better society that makes our world a gleaming example of intelligent and compassionate life.

No comments: